Sunday, October 27, 2013

Champion 77: Rewire on - off switch and add work light

I didn't care for the look or the location of the on - off switch, also I wanted to wire a work light on to the side.

I used the two 5/16 - 18 threaded holes on the right under the tray and placed an outdoor style electrical box with a combination switch / outlet device.



The low location for the switch box is fine for reach and leaves the side free of the modern world intrusion of electrical.

Having said that, I for one much prefer small lighting especially LED lighting. I chose a simple LED lamp from Lowe's and carefully modified it so that it fit directly into what I assume to be the lamp mounting hole on the upper right.


1 comment:

  1. I just picked up a Champion 77, hoping it was worth it. I need as much information as possible
    Please if there is any details you think might be worth something. It is to me.

    ReplyDelete